Friday, October 21, 2016

Fantasy Moon Photography

a dreamy fantasy moon looms large over the sleepy inhabitants of the Land of Nod
A fantastical moon hangs over the soft and dreamy landscape in the childhood land of Nod
It seems like I always have to tweak realism these days. This shot of the moon was one I took on a beautifully clear night at Edisto Island.

A close study of the moon always sets one off on a bit of wistful thinking, like what it would be like to visit the moon, or what it would be like to be looking at the moon from a very distant land.

This time I wanted to imagine our moon...as a sight shared by the struggling dwellers of the world of reality, and the sleepy inhabitants of the land of Nod. The nighttime sky in the land of Nod is softly dreamy, with wispy tendrils of clouds pulling away to reveal a glowing and beautiful moon. It watches over the sleepers and seems to grant them peaceful dreams as it watches over the serene night-shrouded landscape. (You can find this photo on Etsy)

If art is escapism, then fantasy art is the truest art, right?

Thanks for looking at my art and my "painted photographs!" Come back for more, as I try to document my move from my art as reporting on reality to my art as a means to tell a story or comment on what's important. Here's hoping I can come up with something to paint!

www.sketchroom.etsy.com
www.susankennedy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment